Roche Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally. An important part of our success in transforming patient’s lives sits with our Global Operations function. And our Direct Procurement department plays a central role in making sure we can achieve that.
The Direct Procurement department has over a decade of experience and today we are looking to enter the next level of maturity. The steps we are taking will organically transform the department to ultimately become a specialist organization. Our vision is to be procurement entrepreneurs, with an ability to design and orchestrate innovative, agile and sustainable supplier network. And our talent will be in the driving seat.
Join our transformation journey! You can become the strategic sparring partner to our Global Operations and R&D stakeholders with regards to procurement decisions very early on in the process. Help us create a long term strategy to become a key enabler for Roche Diagnostics to grow profitably and to secure and extend its market leadership. What we have to offer is an exercise in organizational evolution, an open path to a truly global career and the chance to successfully lead through influence.
What will you do:
As you enter a mature organization, with a new vision for the future
The Sourcing Manager is responsible for the execution of Direct Procurement Operations activities within a specific region, country or site as well as supplier management responsibilities (negotiating, contracting, performance management) in alignment with Category Management team. As a team member in the Direct Procurement Operations team, the role is responsible for executing various value-add activities including, but not limited to, first-level escalation from business stakeholders, master data management, supplier performance management, and driving cost savings / continuous improvement initiatives to ensure maximum value-add to Operations.
The Sourcing Manager is responsible for ensuring all procurement requests are executed in line with category guidance, and in compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures, including preferred supplier arrangements and contracting requirements. The Sourcing Manager works with Procurement and Business stakeholders to understand requirements, and execute the relevant procurement process by applying appropriate methodologies, tools, and value levers. To support value delivery, the role collaborates with the Category Management teams to address end-user requirements, and escalates opportunities for aggregation and leverage. Through continuous improvement methodologies, this role ensures consistent value-delivery through gaining operational efficiencies and driving optimal supplier performance. As part of the procurement process the role also collaborates with legal and / or contracting functions to support contracting activities such as the preparation and review of master agreements, statements of work, change orders, or similar documents.
The Sourcing Manager has knowledge of business enterprise tools (e.g. SAP) and the overall procurement process / methodology, such as documenting requirements, conducting analysis and negotiations, and communicating with stakeholders and suppliers. The role has a strong understanding of internal stakeholder functions and requirements, and effectively translates business needs into procurement requirements.
By efficiently and effectively executing the procurement process end-to-end, the Sourcing Manager ensures that end user demand and expectations are satisfied. In addition to providing high levels of internal customer service, the role also contributes to overall savings opportunity identification and delivery.
- Perform procurement operations activities - Execute procurement operations activities within Region or site ensuring a focus on efficiency, compliance, and the quality of customer service. This includes the following actions:
- Understand end user requirements as received directly or indirectly.
- Leverage the applicable category guidance documents and procurement knowledge to determine the best method for driving value in meeting the request.
- Execute support requests, applying continuous improvement methodologies where possible.
- Ensure compliance to applicable policies, standards and operating procedures in order to maintain the organization’s right to operate.
- Communicate the status, progress, and outcomes of procurement activities.
- Support the creation and review of relevant purchasing documentation.
- Maintain information flows – Responsible for maintaining strong information flows back to the Category Management teams in the event of:
- High-value or non-standard requests (i.e. those not covered by guidelines).
- Opportunities to aggregate demand and generate additional leverage.
- Regular submission of operations data and requirements to develop new strategies.
- Apply sourcing process – Application of the sourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of sourcing activity, incl. the application of eSourcing tools. Support the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies.
- Collaborate with support functions – Collaborate on an as-needed basis with relevant business support functions (e.g. Accounts Payable) to drive operational efficiencies and maximum value-add to the business.
- Monitor targets and KPIs – Ensure that Direct Procurement Operations targets and metrics on customer service are delivered. Track and monitor these metrics where required, and escalate issues as they arise.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – Support CSR initiatives related to (candidate) suppliers, e.g. supplier diversity, anti-bribery, animal welfare, etc.
What you bring:
- University degree, with business related degree preferable.
- Business level fluency in English as well as primary business language of the site(s).
- 3+ years procurement experience with experience in basic contracting, business enterprise systems, and spot buying.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
- Post graduate business related qualification.
- Documented international Strategic Sourcing or cost reduction experience.
- Experience in operational excellence or continuous improvement methodologies
- Life Sciences experience.
- Professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS, ISM) or Finance related licenses or certifications.
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to-pay tools and eSourcing tools.
- Competence or fluency in other sub-region languages is strongly encouraged.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.